Thursday, June 18, 2009

For those of you wondering...

For those of you wondering why the films I've reviewed so far seem to jump from very different times and places I believe some explaining is in order. Firstly, as my last review demonstrates, I may be late reviewing movies currently playing in theaters because I live in a rather small city and we get movies a bit later (Some not at all, so that means I miss some great films that sadly don't really get the masses moving.) than other, larger cities. Also, I have a friend who works at my local Blockbuster and I get free rentals, so I'm taking full advantage of that by catching up on my film education this summer. I'm using James' system (Yes, I've been pushing Rants of a Diva on you a lot lately. So, what are you waiting for? Go check it out!) because it works like a charm. It forces me to choose movies I might pass up on otherwise and really works to fill out some holes in my film list. In case you're not familiar with the system it works like this: You rent one classic film, one foreign film and one "modern" film. James defines modern as something that came out sometime within the last 20 years but I use my birthday as a gauge. Thus, anything that came out between 1992 and now that for some reason or the other I missed and want to watch is a candidate. Hope this clears up any doubts you might have had regarding my unorthodox review choices.

Au revoir,
Monsieur Cinema

No comments:

Post a Comment