Monday, June 8, 2009

Le Manifesto

You might wonder, my dear readers, why would I want to further crowd cyberspace with yet another blog about a topic that a lot of my contemporaries already discuss in depth. Well, I guess you might say I just want to put my opinion out there. Is that vain and self-centered of me? Not really. I just really like to share things; be it my opinion, cool things I find, etc. And putting my perspective on this so oft-discussed topic might be a welcome addition to the impressive roster of film devoted bloggers out there (Nathaniel, of Film Experience Blog and James, of Rants of a Diva come to mind). So, without further ado, let me lay out my manifesto, this blog's raison d'ĂȘtre, so to speak.

Le Manifesto
Monsieur Cinema is a place where the great art known as film will be discussed, critiqued and praised by yours truly. It is a place where movies that would otherwise never be caught dead next to each other (think Star Trek vs. Todo Sobre mi Madre) share the stage for your pleasure. I promise to find ways to put a sparkle in your day in one way or another everytime you look here. Movies are magical, making our dreams come to life. I believe no other art form can come close to what cinema accomplishes because no other art form can appeal to our senses like it does. It's a visual and aural medium, but also an expression of literature. It is also a canvas for some of the most committed, wonderful performers ever to live. To sum things up, I love movies and I certainly hope that if you don't love film as much as I do at the time of your reading, that after spending some quality time with me you can grow to appreciate this marvelous art form, even if it's only a tiny bit more.

Once again, welcome to Monsieur Cinema!

No comments:

Post a Comment